Friday 12 October 2018

Goodbye, Montserrat Caballe, R.I.P



One of my favourite opera singers died last week. Montserrat Caballe, your voice was perfection. The world will be a slightly darker place without you and your beautiful voice.

To me, I prefer the voice of Montserrat Caballe to Maria Callas. The difference being is that Montserrat's voice is just pure beauty, she never gave a bad performance, and she knew how to touch your heart, even your soul, with her voice.

Montserrat is one of my greatest inspirations, it was watching singers like her, that made me want to become an opera singer. She is my idol. Thank you Montserrat Caballe for leaving us with such beautiful recordings. Your voice will live on for an eternity. To me, you are one of the greatest opera voices of the 20th century. May your memory be a blessing. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment