Friday 11 October 2019

2019 - National Coming Out Day



Apparently today is National Coming Out day, but seeing as its pouring down I'm not coming out 😁😃 lol! And my agoraphobia won't let me either 😂❤

I am of course joking but I believe in everyone being treated equally and with respect and kindness. Most people do not understand the subject of gender, partly because of religion and partly because of science and the medical world. Most people believe gender is either male or female, and there is nothing in between; this is wrong. There are intersex medical conditions. Did you know that 1.7% of the world's population is intersex, that's around 150 million people.

There are different types of intersex medical conditions too, its not just a person who is born with both genders, that's extremely rare, and there are two different types. Most people don't know about intersex conditions because society has erased intersex people from history for many many generations. They've considered us freaks, but we're not, we're human beings first and foremost. I refuse to be hidden away or brushed under the carpet.

If you don't understand about the different intersex medical conditions then you simply don't understand gender. Happy coming out day everyone. I wish you all peace, love and good health ❤❤❤


My name is Lisa-Lee Dark and I was born with a rare intersex medical condition called, 'Congenital adrenal hyperplasia' (CAH). My birth name was just Lee Dark and I have been giving media interviews for over 20 years to raise awareness about intersex conditions to create more acceptance and less hate. I am here to help make the world a better place and make sure younger generations won't have to experience the same level of hate I've had to deal with ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment